Friday, February 11, 2011

Egypt

The revolution in Egypt is a stunning one indeed. After thirty years of oppression from their President, they are finally freed. They had been placed under the yoke of a fierce ruler, Mubarak. But I had known this, as I planned for this to happen.
"I will set Egyptians against Egyptians; Everyone will fight against his brother, and everyone against his neighbor, city against city, kingdom against kingdom. The spirit of Egypt will fail in its midst; I will destroy their counsel, and they will consult the idols of the charmers, the mediums and the sorcerers. And the Egyptians I will give into the hand of a cruel master, and a fierce king will rule over them." Isaiah 19:1-4
The Egyptians left their first love, Me. They sought after idols and evil. But I brought them to their knees. I placed them under oppression, but I am faithful. I have brought them out of it as I promised I would.
"In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the LORD at its border. And it will be for a sign and for a witness to the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to the LORD because of the oppressors, and He will send them a Savior and a Mighty One, and He will deliver them.Then the LORD will be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians will know the LORD in that day, and will make sacrifice and offering; yes, they will make a vow to the LORD and perform it. And the LORD will strike Egypt, He will strike and heal it; they will return to the LORD, and He will be entreated by them and heal them." Isaiah 19:20-22
I have brought Egypt back to their first love.

No comments:

Post a Comment